Home > Best Brown Ales - Top Ten ranked by the 2010 U.S. Open Beer Championship
Best Brown Ales - Top Ten ranked by the 2010 U.S. Open Beer Championship
This Top Ten English Brown Ales list is from America's Best and Top Ten and from the results of the 2010 U.S. Open Beer Championship.
1. Brunette Nut Browan Ale, Nebraska
2. Tallgrass Ale, Tallgrass Brewing - Kansas
5 – Jake Ocque and Tom Ocque
4. Georgia Brown, Sweetwater Brewing - Georgia
5. Tröegs Rugged Trail Nut Brown Ale - Tröegs Brewing - Pennsylvannia
6. Moose Drool Brown Ale - Big Sky Brewing - Montana
7. Hobgoblin - Wychwood Brewery - England
8. Fat Squirrel Ale - New Glarus Brewing - Wisconsin
9. Newcastle Brown Ale - Scottich & Newcastle - Scotland
10. Deep Cover Brown Ale - Left Hand Brewing - Colorado
English brown ale ranges from deep copper to brown in color. They have a medium body and a dry to sweet maltiness with very little hop flavor or arom Roast malt tones may sometimes contribute to the flavor and aroma profile. Fruity-ester flavors are appropriate. Diacetyl should be very low, if evident. Chill haze is allowable at cold temperatures.
Alcohol by Weight: 3.3-4.7%
Color SRM: 15-22