This Top Ten American Pilsners list is from America's Best and from the results of the 2010
U.S. Open Beer Championship.
1. Cameron’s Lager – Cameron’s Brewing Company - Canada
2. Grain Belt Premium – August Schell Brewing - Minnesota
3. Belikin – Belize Brewing - Belize
4. Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch
Pabst Blue Ribbon - Pabst Brewing Company
6. Leinenkugel's Original - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing
Molson Canadian Lager - Molson Breweries Of Canada
8. Tusker Premium Lager - Kenya Breweries
Red Stripe Jamaican Lager - Desnoes & Geddes
10. Schlitz - Pabst Brewing Company
American Pilsners / Pilsener
Light in body and color, American lagers are very clean and crisp and aggressively carbonated. Flavor components should be subtle and complex, with no one ingredient dominating the others. Malt sweetness is light to mild. Corn, rice, or other grain or sugar adjuncts are often used. Hop bitterness, flavor and aroma are negligible to very light. Light fruity esters are acceptable. Chill haze and diacetyl should be absent.
Alcohol by Weight: 3.2-4.0%
Color SRM: 2-4