1. LoneRider DeadEye Jack - LoneRider Brewing
2. Exodus Porter - Sweetwater Brewing
3. Black Butte Porter – Deschutes Brewery
4. Out of Order Porter - Wind River Brewing
5. FireHouse Porter - FireHouse Grill & Brewery
6. Porter - Lexington Avenue Brewery
7. Moonlight Porter - Rock Bottom Brewery
8. Chocolate Porter - Bayhawk Ales
9. Poundage Porter - Sound Brewery
10.Double Nut Brown - Mammoth Brewing Co.
Brown porters are mid to dark brown in color. No roast barley or strong burnt/black malt character should be perceived. Low to medium malt sweetness is acceptable along with medium hop bitterness. This is a light- to medium-bodied beer. Fruity esters are acceptable. Hop flavor and aroma may vary from being negligible to medium in character.
OG: 1.040 – 1.052
FG: 1.008 – 1.014
IBUs: 18 – 35
SRM: 20 – 30
ABV: 4 – 5.4%
Robust porters are black in color and have a roast malt flavor but no roast barley flavor. These porters have a sharp bitterness of black malt without a highly burnt/charcoal flavor. Robust porters range from medium to full in body and have a malty sweetness. Hop bitterness is medium to high, with hop aroma and flavor ranging from negligible to medium. Diacetyl is not acceptable. Fruity esters should be evident, balanced with roast malt and hop bitterness.