1. Three Floyds Zombie
Dust - Three Floyds Brewing - Indiana
2. The Public - DC Brau Brewing - Washington DC
3. Cardinal Pale Ale - Nebraska Brewing - Nebraska
4. 8-Bit Pale Ale - Tallgrass Brewing - Kansas
5. Lumberyard American Pale Ale - Lumberyard Brewing - Arizona
6. Featherweight Pale - Cannonball Creek Brewing - Colorado
7. Citra Rye Pale Ale - Joseph James Brewing - Nevada
8. Hill Farmstead Edward - Hill Farmstead Brewery - Vermont
9. Toppling Goliath pseudoSue - Toppling Goliath - Iowa
10. Maine Beer MO - Maine Beer Company - Maine
American Pale Ale
American pale ales range from deep golden to copper in color.
The style is characterized by fruity, floral and citrus-like
American-variety hop character producing high hop bitterness,
flavor, and aroma Note that “floral and citrus-like American-variety
hop character” is the perceived end, but may be a result of the
skillful use of hops of other national origins. American pale ales
have medium body and low to medium maltiness. Low caramel character
is allowable. Fruity-ester flavor and aroma should be moderate to
strong. Diacetyl should be absent or present at very low levels.
Chill haze is allowable at cold temperatures.
Alcohol by Weight: 3.5-4.3%
Color SRM: 6-14