1. Stone Imperial Russian Stout - Stone Brewing
2. Arcadia Imperial Stout - Arcadia Brewing
3. Bolshevik Bastard Imperial Stout - Nickel Brook Beers
4. BORIS The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout - Hoppin' Frog Brewing Co.
5. Russian Imperial Stout - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
6. IMOS - Max Lager's Wood-Fired Grill & Brewery
7. Luscious - The Alchemist
8. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout - The Brooklyn Brewery
9. The Abyss - Deschutes Brewing
10. Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - North Coast Brewing
Black to very black, American-style imperial stouts typically have a high alcohol content. Generally characterized as very robust. The extremely rich malty flavor and aroma are balanced with assertive hopping and fruity-ester characteristics. Bitterness should be moderately high to very high and balanced with full sweet malt character. Roasted malt astringency and bitterness can be moderately perceived but should not overwhelm the overall character. Hop aroma is usually moderately-high to overwhelmingly hop-floral, -citrus or -herbal. Diacetyl (butterscotch) levels should be absent.