This Top Ten List of Blonde Ales is from the results of the 2012 U.S. Open Beer Championship, Great American Beer Festival, and the World Beer Cup.
1. Metolius River Ales Yellow Sally Blonde Ale - World Brew
2. Sweetwater 420 - Sweet Water Brewing
3. Golden Feather Extra Pale Ale - Feather Falls Casino Brewing
4. Alaskan Summer Ale - Alaskan Brewing
5. Spahnie - Choc Beer Company
6. Responders Ale - 16 Mile Brewing
7. Blonde - Ram Restaurant & Brewery
8. Kent Lake Kolsch - Iron Springs Pub & Brewery
9. Shipyard Export Ale - Shipyard Brewing Co.
10. Hoptober Golden Ale - New Belgium Brewing
Golden or Blonde Ales Style
Golden or Blonde ales are straw to golden blonde in color. They have a crisp, dry palate, light to medium body, and light malt sweetness. Low to medium hop floral aroma may be present but does not dominate. Bitterness is low to medium. Fruity esters may be perceived but do not predominate. Diacetyl should not be perceived. Chill haze should be absent.
Alcohol by Weight: 3.2-4%
Color SRM: 3-7