1. Inversion IPA - Deschutes Brewery
2. Full Sail IPA - Full Sail Brewing
3. Naughty Native IPA - Feather Falls Casino Brewing
4. Buzzsaw IPA - Arbor Brewing
5. Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Hallertau Mittelfrueh - Boston Beer Co.
6. Napa Smith Organic IPA - Napa Smith Brewery
7. Down 'n' Dirty IPA - Deschutes Brewery
8. Man Beer - Bull & Bush Brewery
9. IP'Eh! - Russell Brewing Co.
10. Intercontinental Pale Ale - Flossmoor Station Brewing Co.
English India Pale Ale/IPA
India pale ales are characterized by medium-high hop bitterness with a medium to high alcohol content. Hops from a variety of origins may be used to contribute to a high hopping rate. Note that “earthy and herbal English-variety hop character” is the perceived end, but may be a result of the skillful use of hops of other national origins. The use of water with high mineral content results in a crisp, dry beer, sometimes with subtle and balanced character of sulfur compounds. This pale gold to deep copper-colored ale has a medium to high, flowery hop aroma and may have a medium to strong hop flavor (in addition to the hop bitterness). English-style India pale ales possess medium maltiness and body. Fruity-ester flavors and aromas are moderate to very strong. Diacetyl can be absent or may be perceived at very low levels. Chill haze is allowable at cold temperatures. Hops of other origins may be used for bitterness or approximating traditional English character.
Alcohol by Weight: 4-5.6%
Color SRM: 6-14