1. Sweetwater IPA -
Sweetwater Brewing, Atlanta, GA
2. Bootjack IPA - Icicle Brewing, Leavenworth, WA
3. Deviant Dale's IPA - Oskar Blues Brewing, Longmont, CO
4. Elevated IPA, La Cumbre Brewing Co., Albuquerque, NM
5. DRIPA, Kuhnhenn Brewing Co., Warren, MI
6. Head Hunter IPA, Fat Head’s Brewery, North Olmsted, OH
7. Stone IPA - Stone Brewing, Escondido, CA
8. Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA
9. Titan IPA - Great Divide Brewing Company, Denver, CO
10. Two Hearted Ale - Bell's Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI
American India Pale Ale
American India pale ales have intense hop bitterness, flavor and
aroma with medium-high alcohol content. The style is further
characterized by fruity, floral and citrus-like American-variety hop
character. Note that “fruity, floral and citrus-like
American-variety hop character” is the perceived end, but may be a
result of the skillful use of hops of other national origins. The
use of water with high mineral content results in a crisp, dry beer.
This pale gold to deep copper-colored ale has a full, flowery hop
aroma and may have a strong hop flavor (in addition to the hop
bitterness). India pale ales possess medium maltiness and body.
Fruity-ester flavors and aromas are moderate to very strong.
Diacetyl can be absent or may be perceived at very low levels. Chill
haze is allowable at cold temperatures.
Original Gravity (ºPlato): 1.060-1.075 (14.7-18.2 ºPlato)
Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (ºPlato): 1.012-1.018 (3-4.5 ºPlato)
Alcohol by Weight (Volume): 5-6% (6.3-7.5%)
Bitterness (IBU): 50-70
Color SRM (EBC): 6-14 (12-28 EBC)