This Top Ten Cream Ale Beer List is from America's Best and from the results of the 2011
U.S. Open Beer Championship.
1. Deer Brand - August Schell Brewing
2. El Toro Cream Ale - Fullsteam Brewing
3. Cameron's Cream Ale - Camerons Brewing
Genesee Cream Ale, High Falls Brewing
5. Honey Cream Ale - Rogue Ales
6. Sleeman Cream Ale - Sleeman
7. Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema – Anderson Valley Brewing Company -
Pete's Wicked Wanderlust Cream Ale - Pete's Brewing
9. Little Kings Cream Ale - Hudepohl- Schoenling
10. Kiwanda Cream Ale - Pelican Pub & Brewery - Oregon
A mild, pale, light-bodied ale, made using a warm fermentation (top or bottom) and cold lagering. Hop bitterness and flavor range from very low to low. Hop aroma is often absent. Sometimes referred to as cream ales, these beers are crisp and refreshing. Pale malt character predominates. Caramelized malt character should be absent. A fruity or estery aroma may be perceived. Diacetyl and chill haze should not be perceived. Sulfur character and/or sweet corn-like dimethylsulfide (DMS) should be extremely low or absent from this style of beer.
Alcohol by Weight (Volume):4.2-5.6%)
Color SRM: 2-5